Remote (Georgia, Türkiye, Armenia, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Poland, Montenegro).
LEVEL: Middle and Senior.
SALARY: is discussed individually.
We’re looking for Middle and Senior Developers in an international company headquartered in Palo Alto that has been successfully developing unique web hosting products since 2009. To date, the company has more than 5,000 user companies worldwide (Dell, Zoom, IBM, etc).
Colleagues are looking for a specialist to enhance their expertise in the team, which is developing an innovative security solution designed specifically for shared and VPS/Dedicated servers. The automated, easy-to-use solution with the six-layer approach to security delivers comprehensive and complete attack prevention. In this position, you will work and contribute to major, open source projects like Apache HTTPD, OpenSSL, and MySQL. You will also backport security fixes to stable versions of those projects.
What you will do:
Example tasks that await you in the team are:
- implementing security modules for various Linux software (apache, nginx, dovecot, pam);
- optimizing algorithms used in existing code to reduce overhead;
- covering your code with unit and functional tests, etc.
For this position, you will need:
- strong expertise in the C language;
- experience with GNU/Linux and shell scripting, experience in debugging (mostly gdb and command line);
- ability to work with various build systems (autotools, make, CMake) and experience with git-based development processes;
- it will be a plus if you have basic knowledge of Golang and/or experience in developing web-server modules (Nginx, Apache/OpenLiteSpeed) and understanding web-server architecture and workflow.
The company offers:
In turn, the company offers compensation in US dollars, which is discussed individually with each candidate based on their expertise, and remote work. Also, colleagues compensate for medical insurance.