Remote (Georgia, Türkiye, Armenia, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Poland, Montenegro).
Relocation to Serbia, Poland, Georgia, Armenia, Turkiye.
LEVEL: Middle and Senior.
SALARY: is discussed individually.
We’re looking for Middle and Senior Linux Kernel Developers in an international company headquartered in Palo Alto that has been successfully developing unique web hosting products since 2009. To date, the company has more than 5,000 user companies worldwide (Dell, Zoom, IBM, etc).
Colleagues are looking for a specialist to enhance their expertise in the Kernel team in the fastest-growing product, which provides automated kernel security updates without reboots for most popular Linux distributions. It ensures optimal performance and uptime by allowing hosting providers and enterprises to keep kernels up-to-date with all security patches while keeping servers online.
What you will do:
- release vulnerability patches for various Linux distributions;
- add support for new kernel versions;
- investigate custom problems;
- analyze logs and crash dumps, fix defects, and develop product development (create new features, technologies and expand test coverage).
- strong expertise in the C/C++ language, experience in developing for the Linux kernel;
- writing scripts in Bash or Shell;
- knowledge of Git, gdb, objdump tools, as well as knowledge of the architecture principles of modern operating systems (preferably Unix);
- it will be a plus if you have knowledge of Python and experience with Jenkins.
The company offers:
In turn, the company offers compensation in US dollars, which is discussed individually with each candidate based on their expertise, and remote work from anywhere. Also, colleagues compensate for medical insurance.